Ep 100: Five tips on how to become a published author with Writer L. Shermann and YVG5O Part 2
January 17, 2019
In the second part of an interview, Ulrika vel. Louise Sherman shares her 5 tips on how to become a published writer - just like she did.
Writer Louisa Sherman is an author of Female Addiction Series. Her first and second books in the series (“Cooper’s Craving” and “Michael’s More”) were published in 2018. The third (“Cory’s Crash”) and fourths (“Grayson’s Game”) instalments in Female Addiction Series are scheduled to be released in 2019.
In The Second Episode Writer L.Sherman Shared:
5 tips to become a published author:
1) Write every day. Even if it's not on your current masterpiece. Take your writing professionally. Get it done. Finish that book. A publisher will only take you seriously if you can show that you can finish what you've started.
2) Read in between. Keep reading books about everything that interests you, inspires you and broadens your horizon.
3) Start creating a brand. If you want to get noticed and create a community you have to be present on social media platforms. Start as early in the process as possible it takes time.
4) Find your own community of supporters. Maybe you don't have a publisher, to begin with, but there are many fora like Forfatterforum you can follow and be part of on e.g. Facebook.
5) Edit, edit, edit! Let it rest and then edit, read through it, find good proofreaders, and that's a difficult task.
Writer L.Sherman: From Corporate To Free As A Bird
Louisa Sherman reads books as we devour a meal when we are really hungry. She almost eats them raw. To get lost in another world, people, their dreams and destinies Louisa Sherman cannot live without it.
Her education and career took her on a tour in American-owned companies in HR for many years, until she last in 2017 threw herself into the life as self-employed with her own business within HR and communications. At the same time, she decided that it was now or never to take up writing. After a yearlong or break with education, kids, husband, career it was time to turn up the passion for writing.
Late evenings with the computer in her lap the pages turned into the first one then a second novel. In this first series you will be gifted with four books and in between books novellas will be released.
Behind the pen-name, Louisa Sherman is Ulrika Louisa Bjerregaard. The name was created as a mixture of something known, something old and something new. Louisa is Ulrika’s middle name. Herman is the English version of her maiden name Hørman, and just because she could, she added an “s” – perhaps for Sass!
Louisa Sherman is originally from Aalborg, Denmark but has lived in Aarhus, Denmark since 1996. She loves to travel, get to know new people, languages and cultures. Before settling down with husband and kids she lived in the US and in France. As an author, she primarily writes in English, but she may be challenged to write in Danish from time to time.
How To Find Writer L. Sherman?
Writer L. Sherman Website
Writer L. Sherman Facebook Page
Writer L. Sherman Instagram
Writer L. Sherman Books on Amazon
Did You Enjoy The Episode? If Yes, Please Show It!
Please subscribe to our podcast (on iTunes or on your favourite podcasting app) and leave us a review! Reviews help people to discover our radio and what we do - if you think we should spread the message to the world, this is how!<<< Back to You've got 5 Options