Ep 108: The Art of Letting Go with Judy Wanjiku Jørgensen and YVGO
March 12, 2019
In this episode Anna, Marta and their guest Judy Wanjiku Jørgensen deep dive into Forgiveness & the Art of Letting Go. Agreeing with what Nelson Mandela said: “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”, we explore the topic through the stories and how-tos of forgiveness.
In This Episode We Discussed:
- Judy's beautiful story of forgiveness and how it impacted her life?
- What is the difference between forgiving & forgetting? And do we always need to do both?
- Self-forgiveness; is it easier or even more challenging than forgiving others?
- Is forgiveness a selfish act?
- How to start forgiving and letting go of resentment?
- Which forgiveness rituals do we use and recommend?
- And many more!
What's Special About Judy?
Judy about Judy: "I moved abroad from Kenya, in 2009 for my MA in journalism, which took place both in Denmark and Wales. I went into my MA studies with a calling for becoming a war journalist. I wanted to change the misconceptions of women in war. As heroes, survivors, and villains, instead of the stereotypical victim. Fast forward the years, I graduated, but I didn't venture into conflict zones. Instead, I am living a quieter life in Denmark and raising my two Afro-Viking sons. This detour has led me to a path of self-discovery, self-doubt, and reinvention. I run a blog - Memoirs of a Kenyan mom abroad - on my parenting journey and reflections on this thing called life (abroad)."
How To Find Judy?
Did You Enjoy The Episode? If Yes, Please Show It!
Please subscribe to our podcast (on iTunes or on your favourite podcasting app) and leave us a review! Reviews help people to discover our radio and what we do - if you think we should spread the message to the world, this is how!<<< Back to You've got 5 Options